Launch OnBoarding Project Manager
Date Posted: August 16, 2019
Magpie provides cloud-based data entry, storage and distribution for an Experience* Operator’s product content: text descriptions and images. Operators maintain a single copy of their content within the system, while Magpie provides the bridge to a wide range of distribution channels, manages the unique content requirements of each reseller, and delivers content to resellers’ onboarding platforms.
Following a 12 month product development and beta testing phase, we are now ready to roll out the system to the 80+ operators who have signed up to date. To lead that “Launch Onboarding Project,” we’re seeking an individual with recent and relevant experience managing content in the Experiences sector.
This is a short-term role, beginning immediately, with a duration likely to be 3-4 months, following which the Project Manager will manage the creation of an OnBoarding & Account Management Team to handle those tasks on an ongoing basis. Assuming satisfactory performance, at that time the company hopes to be in a position to make an offer for a full-time role with a commensurate salary, stock options and normal employment benefits.
*Some people call it Tours & Activities, some people call it Experiences… we don’t mind. It’s the best part of travel, anyway.
The successful candidate will have a number of years experience in the Tours & Activities market, working either for a supplier (operator) or reseller (OTA or distributor). An understanding of content management issues is essential. An established network of contacts in the industry would be a definite plus.
Key Project Tasks
- Manage the onboarding of selected supplier accounts
- Manage 100% load and sharing with selected resellers
- Manage selected OTA export
- Manage implementation of custom format exports
- Develop Onboarding guide documentation
- Develop relationships with selected industry partners
- Assist management in creating / hiring of onboarding team
Onboarding Process Detail
- Working with the management team, select suitable accounts for the first phase of onboarding from current sign-up backlog
- Contact accounts and develop a timeframe for content onboarding
- On an account by account basis, work with resellers to test Sharing Process
- Document all steps; work with Magpie devs to fix bugs and implement additional features where required and agreed.
Location & Travel
This position is suitable for a remote candidate, however time-zone flexibility is required, as other team members, developers, potential users and partners are all located across the globe. If possible, the candidate will be available to travel to the Arival Conference (Orlando, October 28-30) with all expenses paid by the company.
Time & Remuneration
- Four to five days per week, beginning immediately
- An attractive rate will be negotiated with the selected candidate
For more information, or to send your resume for consideration, contact Christian Watts, CEO, at [email protected]